2007-12-13

Way Ahead of You

Some time ago, my boss said it was a good idea for me to create a MySpace account. You know, to get a handle on what the younglings were up to. So I did. Not sure if it's the resolution on these machines at work (1024x768), but it looks like rubbish on Internet Explorer. Get Firefox today. It's free, and friendly. Not at all like IE, which tends to say nasty things about you behind your back.

It turns out the resolution does impact it a little, but it's still mostly Bill Gates' fault.

What?

Oh, creating a MySpace account. Learn HTML. Here's a primer. While an ancient language by today's standards, it is the primary method for profile modification. Kind of like the Bible being available exclusively in Latin until the 16th Century (Thanks, Martin Luther) but not at all like that. Oh, you can still have neat things without knowing any coding thanks to the trusty Copy and Paste features available today, but without HTML you'll never be able to write "München" or craft a proper link in MySpace. If that doesn't interest you, never mind then.

Was it easy? I guess, until I got a hold of Project Playlist. Now I have some 120 or so songs and tunes clogging up my profile. It was bad enough when all I had was silly YouTube videos. Keeping up with all those songs is a royal pain in the Netherlands, but at least everyone can know what sort of garbage I would put on an iPod.

If I had an iPod. Which I don't. Hint.

2 comments:

Diane Wetterlin said...

Isn't it a great thing that you'll get an MP3 player for finishing this training??!!

Litabell 2.0 said...

I read your MySpace and it is neet.